Friday 8 April 2011

NHL 2011 Playoff Build Up

So, with Rotherham United blowing any chace of promotion in the Football this year with a poor run of form since Christmas and the Elite League Ice Hockey in the UK having their Playoff Weekend last weekend, i have been sat thinking how i can pass the next couple of months without my life becoming utterly and completely boring.

Well, i have spent my other spare time between Sept and now following the Detroit Redwings and the NHL season and with playoff hockey looming i thought about making this blog for the 2011 NHL Playoffs.

With access to all games coming up over the next 2 months live and on demand i will be watching and following as many games as possible and bringing my own perspective on the runners and riders for Lord Stanley's cup.

This opening gambit is to give you all a brief on my hockey experience and what you can expect over the next 2 months on this blog.

As mentioned previously i have been following Detroit Redwings season long - watching over 90% of this seasons games and BOY - what a season they have had. Without crippling injuries to their line up week in and week out - they might have even been up their with Vancouver Canucks for the team with the best record for the season.

I have been a supporter of the Wings since i started following Hockey back in the early 90's and am also an avid fan of Sheffield Steelers and the Elite League over here in the UK.

I have taken in probably in access of 250 live UK games in my time following the sport (unfortunately due to my location over the past 8 years, this number isnt at least double that) as well a 2 live NHL games when Anaheim Ducks and LA Kings came to London to play 2 regular season games a few years back.

My love for the NHL started in the 90's and through various live coverage on television and now through the internet i must have taken in a hell of a lot of games over the past 15 years as well, so my knowledge of the league and teams is reasonable - plus through research over the internet over the coming months i hope to bring some facts, figures and stats to my blog as well.

I will leave the first entry as this and next time i post will be with the match ups and my predictions for the upcoming 1st round games of the playoffs - and before i go, although im a huge Redwings fan, don't worry, there will be no bias towards one team during this blog - only in my hatred for Dallas Stars :o)

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment